This zoom scope has an 8x magnification ratio. It is easy to range a target without thinking about where to set the zoom range. Target ranging is accurate at any power. This 3x-24x 52mm model comes in two versions. The Mil Radian (Mil) and the Minute of Angle (MOA). This new model compliments the Compact 42mm front lens 3x-24x FFP. The 52mm Objective lens of this model has ED glass and yet the overall size remains short. The same strong robust build quality as you would expect from a MARCH Scope.
It comes in illuminated and non-illuminated versions. Standard and Low illumination modules are available. Both modules provide four levels of reticle intensity (red) and can be cycled by simply pressing the pressure switch within the focus dial on the left side. Very effective feature at dusk or when aiming at a dark target. If illumination is not activated the reticle remains black as per the non illuminated model. The illumination will auto shut off to conserve battery. Additionally, with the capability to set a position as the zero point in the elevation (0 - set feature), the shooter will never lose their starting calibration.
First Focal Plane design allows the scaling on the FML-1 (Mil-Radian) or the FMA-1 (MOA) reticle which remains constant across the entire zoom range. Therefore it does not matter what magnification level is chosen and the reticle sub-tension remains the the same. This is perfect for relating a cartridge drop chart for long range ballistics to the FFP reticle. One can use the reticle for hold over points at the calculated distances regardless of the magnification being chosen. However the reticle scale in FFP scopes will get thicker when the magnification is increased. But the special reticle design arrangement in the March FFP scopes allows target acquisition at both low and high magnification levels. Tapered reticle lines extend beyond the centre grid at lower magnification levels to draw in your eye.
- First Focal Plane (FFP) with 8x zoom ratio.
- 2 versions - Mil-rad or MOA types.
- The m-rad reticle and the MOA reticle scale remains constant value across the entire zoom range.
- M-rad version - 34 Mil Radian elevation range and 17 Mil windage. One turn is 10 mil-rad. One click is 1/10th mil-rad.
- MOA version - 120 moa elevation range and 60 moa windage range. One turn is 25 MOA. One click is 1/4 moa
- Side focus/parallax adjustment from 10 yards to infinity.
- 52mm front lens with Japanese ED glass. Up to 100mm long eye relief and 30mm main tube design.
- Tactical turrets with zero set facility. Zero set is inside elevation and cannot be accidentally changed.
- Choice of illuminated or non illuminated glass etched reticles.
- Supplied with Sunshade, plastic lens covers and also Tactical flip covers. (from April 2014)
- Reticles: FML and FML-1 for mil Radian models. FMA-1
- New 6 level illumination switch for illuminated models
- Magnification - 3x to 24x
- Effective Lens Diameter - 52mm
- Body Tube Diameter - 30mm
- Exit Pupil - 4x 2.17mm
- Field of View, real - 3x ~ 6.66° 35.0FT/100 yds . 24x ~ 0.83° 4.35FT/100 yds
- Eye Relief - 3x ~ 85-100mm. 24x ~ 89-96mm
- 1 Click Adjustment - 0.1Mil or 1/4 MOA
- Elevation Travel - 34 Mil Rad - 120MOA
- Windage Travel - 17 Mil Rad - 60 MOA
- Focus - Side Focus / Parallax
- Distance - 10 yards to infinity
- Finish - Matte Black
- Reticle - See reticles
- Total Length - 312mm (12.3inch)
- Weight - 665g (23.4oz) and 695g (24.5oz) for illuminated